Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Midwest margarita...

So over the past week we've had some spectacularly crappy weather.  There were several inches of snow, and then everyone's favorite freezing rain.  The roads were some serious shit for quite a few days there.  I fought through the poo for a few days and managed to keep the commuter upright despite the black ice.  Then the thaw came.


The roads turned into a messy bowl full of cold, slushy, salty liquid I've dubbed the midwest margarita (MM).  Instead of the usual tequila, triple sec, and citrus; you get a tasty helping of grey-water, petroleum, and bum urine (seriously, I watched some hobo piss all over the side of the library across from my apt last night).  Throw in some salt, ice, and a paper umbrella and you're set.

Oddly enough the midwest margarita has similar effects on me as the original, after a few sips I usually feel like I'm going to vomit.  Neither tequila or the MM are real alcoholic beverages, no one really wants to drink them, and tequila is really just a sporting booze to be consumed only on dares, or directly after (or during) a bike race.  Try to remember that kiddies and you'll get pretty far in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment