Monday, February 5, 2007

D to the C...

So I'm chillin in D.C. for a few days attending a program review. It is basically a symposium where all of the groups funded by the Stewardship Sciences Academic Alliance program get together and present the progress that they've made in the past few years. Generally boring stuff. I was there from 7:00AM till 8:00PM and pretty worn out.

There were some odd happenings today. For one, Ralph Nader just happened to stop by while we were having a cocktail hour to mooch some free snacks. Apparently he has some space in the building that we were in. He didn't even stop by to see my poster. That prick is certainly not getting my vote next election.

After the conference I was heading to a bar to have some drinks with my old college roommate Pat. We called him 'trick in school because the latter part of his proper name didn't get the attention it deserved. So while walking to the bar, I saw one (or two) of the strangest things. A guy was walking two dogs, and each had only three legs. Either this guy is a sick fuck that is handy with a saw, or he has a membership to the DC chapter of the three-legged APSCA.

It was nice to catch up a bit. Everyone I know is growing up and getting married/having kids, Pat is getting hitched next spring. We shot the usually shit about life, and shared some laughs looking back on our younger years in undergrad. All in all a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment