Sunday, April 13, 2008

As the worm turns...

So I'm finally feeling "normal" on the bike again. I've had some good workouts this week including some 2x20 action followed by 3+ hours of riding through baltimore county yesterday. It was a little over 4 hours on the bike and I felt good the whole time. It is a bit of a relief for sure. I think a lot of it has to do with my body finally adjusting the shedding a few extra pounds that I gained while finishing my dissertation. Now I just need to build a little more fitness and I think i'll be ready to mix it up proper with the new team.

Also I'm an idiot and forgot what order my upcoming races are. The Poolesville RR is May 3, not this weekend. This weekend I'll be doing the masters 30+/1-2-3 double at a local circuit race. Then it's up to Bling-Blignhamton to do another circuit race and visit my fams. I'm pretty excited as Mom and Dad will be coming to watch me race. They came to a lot of my track races in HS, but have never seen me race my bike so i'll have extra motivation to race well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how do you find the time to go on 4 hours rides? I am not joking, how do you do it?

-Erik

Dr. K said...

Erik, Lets do some simple math here. Add up the hours that you spend sitting on the couch hungover each saturday and sunday morning. I'm guessing that roughly equates to the extra hours I put in on the bike. Going for a ride is a good way to get rid of a hangover, or get vomit on your cycling shoes.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Post a Comment