Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bikes and Bologna...

My bike arrived this morning as I was walking out the door to go to work. Needless to say, it was a bit of a relief to know that my bike was not lost for good.

Otherwise the day was filled with a few interesting random tidbits:
  • Sidewalk Bologna. Wile walking to lunch with "clean" Mike, I nearly stepped into a stack of 3-4 slices of bologna camped out in the middle of the sidewalk. Now that is not a smart place to leave one's bologna, I thought to myself. The sight of these cold cuts got me to thinking about Taylor Ham. This is a little piece of NJ culture that I've not had in a long time. It looks very much like bologna, but is spiced and has a very distinct flavor. Fry it up for a tasty sammich, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

  • From time to time I come across the original song that a more current hip-hop artist/producer has pulled samples from. I'm not so sure why this is so exciting but it often puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. So while listening to Virgin radio classic rock from across the pond, the song "In a Broken Dream" by Python Lee Jackson (feat. Rod Stewart) came on. The song is good in it's own right, but the bassline was used in "Lifeboat" by Lovage from the 2001 release Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By.... If you don't own this album, you should it is fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm sammich.

glad to hear the italian stallion is back in the stable.

wouldnt want that thing parading the streets.

Post a Comment